Session 1: Let’s begin by discussing the final project for the class. We will be developing a native or hybrid mobile application for either iOS, Android, or both platforms. In contrast to our Mobile Web App project the native / hybrid application will open directly on the mobile device without needing to run within a web browser. After discussing the final project requirements we will have studio time in order to prepare for our Mobile Web App presentations on session 2.
Project 2: Native / Hybrid Mobile Device Application
Due: Session 2, Week 11 (25 points)
Develop a native (iOS SDK, Android SDK, Processing for Android) or hybrid (PhoneGap, IONIC, Appcelerator Titanium, et al) mobile application. Prepare for your project by writing a design document that includes a title page, project summary, feature list, and wireframes that illustrate the UI and functionality of the app. Implement a variety of media (images, video, sound, interaction) within the app feature set. The completed project must be demonstrated on a mobile device in class on session 2 of week 11 during presentations.
1. Start by writing the design document for concept approval by session 2 of week 6
2. The design document must include a title page, project summary, and feature list
3. Include wireframes that illustrate the UI and functionality of the app
4. Develop the native / hybrid application on a mobile device (iOS or Android)
5. Include a variety of features and media that support the mobile app concept
6. Demonstrate the functional application on your mobile device on session 2 of week 11
3 points are awarded for a clear and concise design document and concept approval
3 points are awarded for participating in scheduled milestones during development
5 points are awarded for successfully implementing unique features and media into the app
10 points are awarded for the overall design, content, and feature set of the mobile web
4 points are awarded for the clarity of your mobile app demonstration
Session 2: Mobile Web Application presentations.