Session 1: Now that your designs have been approved it is time to continue working on the template for the World Project. Today’s demonstrations will be based on getting the markup started and some of the rudimentary styles in place.
World Project Milestone #2
Due: Week 5, Session 2 (before class starts)
1. Be prepared to show your work-in-progress on the template
2. Your markup must include areas for a header, navigation, aside, content, and footer
3. Have some rudimentary styles in place to illustrate how your design is developing
Session 2: Today I will be looking at your Markup Exercises and Milestone #2. We will also discuss the requirements for Technical Exercise 3: Styles. In-class demos that apply to the World project are also scheduled for today.
Technical Exercise 3: Styles
Due: Session 2, Week 6 (4 points)
Style the markup on the single page that you created for the Markup Exercise. Use CSS to adjust the layout, float the aside, float content images, place and adjust background images, choose and format type, build a navigation system, specify hover behaviors, and create a color scheme.
1. Use CSS to style your markup exercise
2. Float the aside and content areas to the left or right of each other
3. Design a navigation system with hover behaviors
4. Choose a distinct typeface and use the typesetting properties
5. Create an attractive color scheme
6. Add the files and folders to your environment and upload to your student webspace
7. Test that your exercise loads from your portal before class on session 2, week 6
2 points will be awarded for designing an effective navigation system
1 point will be awarded for producing an inviting layout and color scheme
1 point will be awarded for capably handling the type setting