Session 1: This week we will begin our discussions about the World Project. I will also be assigning the Markup Exercise and demonstrating the start of the build process for the World Project template.
World Project Milestone #1
Due: Week 4, Session 2 (before class starts)
1. Be prepare to discuss your layout and design concept
2. Prepare a minimum of three sketches to illustrate your ideas
3. Prepare a color scheme using kuler.adobe.com
Session 2: Today we will continue demos regarding the World Project. Be prepared to demonstrate the points listed last session for the milestone. This milestone is required for the approval of your design concept. Also, we will discuss the requirements for the Markup exercise.
Technical Exercise 2: Markup
Due: Session 2, Week 5 (4 points)
Build a single page that profiles the first computer or gaming console you remember using. If you cannot remember the exact model choose from something around the same time period. Browse VintageComputing.com, Wikipedia, or other sites to collect the content and resources for the page. You must cite the resources that you use in the page as links. Your layout must include page-jumps for navigating to specific content areas. It must also include a header, header images, content images, an aside, and a footer. Focus on the markup. Styling will be added later during the styling exercise.
1. Create a profiling the first computer or gaming console you remember using
2. Use available web resources to find the content for the page
3. Cite each image and source that you use inline, in the footer, or the aside
4. Use page jumps to navigate to content areas within the page
5. Break up the page into a header, main content, aside, and footer
6. Add the files and folders to your environment and upload to student webspace
7. Test the it loads correctly from your project portal by session 2 of week 5
2 points will be awarded for organizing the content for the page
2 points will be awarded for properly coding the markup in html5 format